Sunday, April 14, 2013

The new GM0OBX

GM0OBX was my original A class callsign, issued back in the autumn of 1990. I let it lapse in 1995 after deciding that it wasn't very practical to keep the call.

A few months ago I had a contact with Billy, then 2M0CSP (an intermediate licence), and had a nice chat with him. Billy is from Airdrie, near where my father was born, and works as a policeman in Stirling, near where my parents live. He is also a member of GM6NX, the Stirling radio club. After the QSO, Billy sent me an email to tell me that he was about to sit the full licence exam, and that if he passed, he'd be interested in taking my old call. I thought about it, and decided it would be nice to see somebody from the area with my old callsign, so I sent him off the required letter. Billy passed the test, sent off his application, and is now the NEW GM0OBX! Congratulations Billy!

Click to shrink...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice page Duncan :)

Billy
(the new GM0OBX)